Friday, March 8, 2013

New York Orchid Show 2013

An Orchid Tree

     Last Saturday I had a wonderful pleasure of attending the 2013 Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden.  This year The Orchid Show is designed by Francisca P. Coelho, Vivian and Edward Merrin Vice President for Glasshouses and Exhibitions at the Garden.  The show is much larger, and frankly better than last year's display.  There were many many more orchids in bloom, and I took so many photos, that my fully precharged camera ran out of batteries before I was entirely finished!

     The lack of updates over the past week is the direct result of me trying to find the time to process and sort through hundreds of photos.  Over the next few days, I'll be posting sets of photos highlighting the various genera seen at the show.  For now, here are some zoomed outs shots of the displays.

Tree-mounted oncidium intergenics

Cymbidium floats



Miltoniopsis display
  
Phalaenopsis of every color

Cymbidiums

Miniature orchids terrarium

2 comments:

  1. Spectacular photos! That must have been something to see. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the dark pink ones.

    ReplyDelete